Classroom of The Elite season 2 will not happen unless the anime made a profit and there is enough source material for a second season left. So if there was no profit or material left, then one season is all Classroom of The Elite will have.
So, in this article, we will look at the source material left for the second season. And the profit that the Classroom of The Elite anime adaptation made. That will tell us if Classroom of The Elite season 2 will happen and the possible release date.
Classroom of The Elite season 2 episode 1 is something many fans have been waiting for since 2017. And after reading this short but in-depth post, it will be clear to people if there will be a Classroom of The Elite season 2 and the release date.
Classroom of The Elite Season 2 Source Material Information
For the Classroom of The Elite anime, the source material is a light novel. And here is all the information that we need for Classroom of The Elite Season 2.
It will tell us if there is enough source material for a second season. It’s important because that could prevent the sequel and the release date from happening.
- Is the Classroom of The Elite light novel finished? – The Classroom of The Elite light novel is still ongoing. The author Shōgo Kinugasa released the latest volume On February 25, 2021.
- How many volumes does Classroom of The Elite have? – In Japan, Classroom of The Elite has 11 light novel volumes for the 1st grade of the story. And four light novels for the 2nd grade. There are also three short volumes.
- What is the release speed of the Classroom of The Elite Light Novels? – The author released three books in 2019 and 2020. For the past six years, the average release speed has been three new volumes and one short story collection book per year.
- Which light novels does the anime of Classroom of The Elite cover? – The first season of the Classroom of The Elite anime, by studio Lerche, used volumes 1 to 3.
- How many copies are in print? – As of 2021/06, Classroom of The Elite had 5.100.000 copies in print. That puts it within the top 50 best-selling light novels of all time.
The Classroom of The Elite light novels by MF Bunko J are still getting published. The story has not ended yet, and volume 4 picks up where the anime left off. So there are no problems with the source material.
There are 12 light novels available for Classroom of The Elite Season 2. That’s more books left to adapt for Classroom of The Elite Season 2 than for sequels like One Punch Man Season 3, but less than Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Season 2. As a result, the source material will not be a problem.
SUMMARY: Classroom of The Elite Season 2 will not have a shortage of source material. There’s enough for at least three more seasons.
Classroom of The Elite Sales & Profit Information
We need to check if the Classroom of The Elite anime adaptation was profitable and how well the series is doing in sales. If the anime failed to make a good profit, there would be no second season and no release date.
We will look at Blu-Ray sales, light novel sales, and merchandise numbers.
That will tell us enough. After that, we will know if the anime made enough profit for Classroom of The Elite Season 2.
- Blu-Ray Sales for Classroom of The Elite Anime – Classroom of The Elite sold around 1,300 copies per Blu-Ray in Japan. This series never received any Blu-Ray Box. For 2017, selling only 1,300 copies on average is pretty low.
- Light Novel Sales for Classroom of The Elite – Volume 3 of the 2nd year sold around 120,000 copies in Japan, and volume 4 sold about 110,000. A light novel series that sells approximately 110,000 copies is in the top 10 best sellers per volume.
- Figurines Numbers for Classroom of The Elite – There are five figurines available. Sakura Airi and Kushida Kikyou each received one, while Karuizawa Kei received three. Most of them are from Kadokawa. This series has plenty of girls, so it’s pretty sad to have only five figures.
- Merchandise Numbers for Classroom of The Elite – About 110 items are available. Only around one hundred goods made is also pretty bad. I would expect at least 300 or more for a successful adaptation.
- Classroom of The Elite Streaming – The international rights to this series went to Funimation. Classroom of The Elite also streamed on Crunchyroll and some other platforms. Streaming made some nice profit, but it’s not alone enough to make a good profit unless it’s a big series.
- Classroom of The Elite Manga adaptation – I wondered if the manga sells well since the light novel does, but I didn’t find it ranking anywhere, so probably not.
Classroom of The Elite Blu-Ray sales aren’t great. Light novels are selling exceptionally well, but there’s a considerable lack of merchandise and figurines for this series. So the anime adaptation made a small profit for Kadokawa and the production committee.
I’m not going to share the rest because they usually don’t make a lot of money.
But there are also other ways the Classroom of The Elite anime made money. The soundtrack, ending and openings songs, various collaborations, and more.
SUMMARY: Sales and profit will be a problem for Classroom of The Elite Season 2. Classroom of The Elite only made a small profit from the anime adaptation.
Will There Be Classroom of The Elite Season 2
The first season of Classroom of The Elite did its job in terms of boosting the source material. Sadly, it failed to do a good job regarding selling anything else, considering the low amount of merchandise and figures for this series. Blu-Ray sales are also pretty low.
That’s why I think there is a low chance that there will ever be a Classroom of The Elite Season 2.
At the same time, I think there is still hope left that the production committee will decide to continue or reboot this series. The Light novels are really popular in Japan. I mean, they are in the top 10 best selling per volume currently.
This series has the potential to be as big as Oregairu was.
It’s possible that, with a better adaptation, this series could rival it in popularity. I won’t be surprised if there is at least some kind of OVA for the series.
Anyway, I think we will see in the next 1 to 2 years if there are plans to continue this franchise in the anime format. So I will update this next year.
CONCLUSION: The chances of a season 2 for Classroom of The Elite are really low in 2021, but not 0%. I believe that with a better adaptation, it could be a big hit. Many people didn’t like the anime but love the franchise. If there is nothing announced in the next two years, then this series is most likely done in anime format.
Are you interested in any other sequels?
If so, then you should look into the anime-continue category. You can find information about many sequels there. Kenja No Mago Season 2, No Game No Life Season 2, and Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 are a few examples.
Also, don’t forget to share this post with other Accel World fans!