Shinchou Yuusha season 2 will not happen unless the anime made a profit and there is enough source material for a second season left. So if there was no profit or material left, then one season and a special are all Shinchou Yuusha will have.
So, in this article, we will look at the source material left for the second season. And the profit that the Shinchou Yuusha anime adaptation made. That will tell us if Shinchou Yuusha season 2 will happen and the possible release date.
Shinchou Yuusha season 2 episode 1 is something many fans have been waiting for since 2019. And after reading this short but in-depth post, it will be clear to people if there will be a Shinchou Yuusha season 2 and the release date.
Shinchou Yuusha Season 2 Source Material Information
For the Shinchou Yuusha anime, the source material is a light novel. And here is all the information that we need for Shinchou Yuusha Season 2.
It will tell us if there is enough source material for a second season. It’s important because that could prevent the sequel and the release date from happening.
- Is the Shinchou Yuusha light novel finished? – The Shinchou Yuusha light novel is still ongoing. The author, Light Tuchihi, released the latest volume on December 10, 2019
- How many volumes does Shinchou Yuusha have? – In Japan, Shinchou Yuusha has 7 light novel volumes published. There are also three volumes of manga for this series. The manga is just an adaptation of the light novels.
- What is the release speed of the Shinchou Yuusha Light Novels? – The author released two to three new light novel volumes per year. In 2020 there was no new volume, but that’s because the author started a new series called Full Dive.
- Which light novels does the anime of Shinchou Yuusha cover? – The first season of the Shinchou Yuusha anime, by studio White Fox, used volumes 1 to 2.
- How many copies are in print? – Shinchou Yuusha most likely didn’t even reach 300,000 copies in print. I wonder if the author started a new series because this one was going nowhere.
The Shinchou Yuusha light novels by Kadokawa Books are still getting published. The story has not ended yet, and volume 3 picks up where the anime left off. So there are no problems with the source material.
There are 5 light novels available for Shinchou Yuusha Season 2. That’s fewer books left to adapt for Shinchou Yuusha Season 2 than for sequels like Konosuba Season 3 or No Game No Life Season 2. Even so, the source material will not be a problem.
SUMMARY: Shinchou Yuusha Season 2 will not have a shortage of source material. There’s enough for at least two more seasons.
Shinchou Yuusha Sales And Profit Information
We need to check if the Shunchou Yuusha anime adaptation was profitable and how well the series is doing in sales. If the anime failed to make a good profit, there would be no second season and no release date.
We will look at Blu-Ray sales, light novel sales, and merchandise numbers.
That will tell us enough. After that, we will know if the anime made enough profit for Shunchou Yuusha Season 2.
- Blu-Ray Sales for Shunchou Yuusha Anime – Shunchou Yuusha sold around 700 copies per Blu-Ray in Japan. This series has so far no BD-Box released. That’s a really low number, even for 2021. I did expect at least 1,5k or more.
- Light Novel Sales for Shunchou Yuusha – Volume 6 sold less than 5,000 copies in Japan, and volume 7 sold less than 5,000 copies again. I searched for older volume sales, but it looks like the sales were always below 5k since that’s what you need to rank. That is pretty bad.
- Figurines Numbers for Shunchou Yuusha – There are three figurines available for Shinchou Yuusha. all of them are Ristarte. A normal successful single cour anime adaptation should get at least 10 to 15.
- Merchandise Numbers for Shunchou Yuusha – About 140 items are available. Well, Shinchou Yuusha season 1 got a decent amount of merchandise for a one cour series.
- Shunchou Yuusha Streaming – The international rights to this series went to Funimation. Shunchou Yuusha also streamed on Funimation and some other smaller platforms. Streaming is a pretty good way to make some money, even for anime like this one.
- Shunchou Yuusha Manga Adaptation – This series got a manga adaptation that already has four volumes. But I can’t find how much the manga sold since it never raked in the top 50. That means the manga is not selling well.
The sales are pretty bad, but thanks to the merchandise and most likely streaming, this series didn’t flop. So the anime adaptation didn’t make a profit, or it was a really tiny one for Kadokawa and the production committee.
I’m not going to share the rest because they usually don’t make a lot of money.
But there are also other ways the Shunchou Yuusha anime made money. The Soundtrack, ending and openings songs, collaborations, and more.
Also, if you are curious, I have collected the same information for plenty of other anime sequels. Like Accel World Season 2, The Misfit of The Demon King Academy Season 2, One Punch Man Season 3, and Classroom of The Elite Season 2.
SUMMARY: Sales and profit will be a problem for Shunchou Yuusha Season 2. Shunchou Yuusha didn’t make much if any, profit from the anime adaptation.
Will There Be Shinchou Yuusha Season 2
I believe Shinchou Yuusha got made on a tiny budget compared to most other series. So while it didn’t make much money, it still most likely made a small profit just from worldwide streaming.
So yes, I think we may get Cautious Hero season 2 announced in 2021.
There are some rumors that WhiteFox is already working on Cautious Hero season 2. So we need to wait and see if it gets confirmed. Always take leaks with a grain of salt. Plus, it could just be some OVA or a really short season with just ten episodes or something like that.
I hope this article helped you understand the chances of Shinchou Yuusha Season 2 getting announced in 2021.
Are you interested in any other sequels?
Also, don’t forget to share this post with other Shinchou Yuusha fans!